On CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show, the trading panel took a look at oil prices.
Brian Kelly, founder of Brian Kelly Capital, said everyone seems to think WTI crude oil is going to $85 per barrel. He does not agree and thinks it is near the "trough" now.
Read More: 7 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Selling in 2014Josh Brown, CEO and co-founder of Ritholtz Wealth Management, said it "wouldn't be a negative" for crude prices to stay near current levels. He likes the iShares U.S. Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF (IEO) and Apache (APA) . Steve Grasso, director of institutional sales at Stuart Frankel, said support for WTI crude oil is near $92. If the S&P 500 is going to rally into the end of the year, which it seems poised to do, oil prices will likely rally with it. Guy Adami, managing director of stockmonster.com, said lower oil prices may help out retail stocks. Specifically, he likes Macy's (M) , Kohl's Corp. (KSS) and Gap (GPS) . Grasso added that retail stocks will have easy comparable-store sales figures to beat this fall after last year's poor outing due to the government shutdown. Brown said the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT) "is on the verge of a breakout" and has done pretty well over the past few weeks. Kelly said investors should watch for natural gas to start rallying heading into the fall and winter. He likes Chesapeake Energy (CHK) . James Temple, senior editor at Re/Code, was a guest on the show. On Amazon (AMZN) and Google's (GOOGL) (GOOG) attempt to develop delivery drones, he said the companies are "trying to reinvent the way that distribution happens." This task will include a lot of regulatory and technological hurdles, but could be a very attractive and effective service that hurts traditional brick-and-mortar retailers. Read More: Labor Day Blues Show Jobs Don't Pay Like They Once Did If investors are interested in drone technology, they can buy shares of AeroVironment (AVAV) , Kelly said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV