The DJIA closed up 185.66 points at 16553.93 and the S&P 500 had a better than 1% move higher, up 22.02 points to close at 1931.59. The Nasdaq was higher by 35.93 to close at 4370.89 and the Russell 2000 index was higher by 11.59 to finish at 1131.35.
Before everyone gets to giddy and declares the stock correction over, I will caution traders and investors once again that the higher move on Friday lacked the upside volume that is necessary to overcome the down days. The S&P 500 Trust Series ETF (SPY) volume came in at 112.5 million shares. The volume was higher than most up days, but substantially less than the down days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV