Trading Symbols: TSX: SEA NYSE: SA
TORONTO, Aug. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Seabridge Gold Inc. (" Seabridge") (TSX:SEA) (NYSE:SA) announced that it has acquired, on behalf of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Seabridge Gold Corporation, 2,896,000 common shares (the " Acquired Shares") of Calico Resources Corp. (" Calico") (TSX-V: CKB) upon exercise of 2,896,000 Special Warrants of Calico.
The Acquired Shares represent 4.4% of the outstanding shares of Calico. In total, Seabridge now owns and controls 13,859,477 common shares of Calico, representing 21.2% of the outstanding common shares.
The Acquired Shares were issued in a private transaction.Seabridge does not presently intend to make further investments in Calico. A copy of the related early warning report filed with the Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta Securities Commissions may be obtained from the SEDAR website ( www.sedar.com) or by contacting Gloria Trujillo of Seabridge at (416) 367-9292. About Seabridge Gold Inc. Seabridge holds a 100% interest in several North American gold projects. The company's principal assets are the KSM property located near Stewart, British Columbia, Canada and the Courageous Lake gold project located in Canada's Northwest Territories. For more information, visit www.seabridgegold.net. ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD Rudi Fronk Chairman & CEO SOURCE Seabridge Gold Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV