10 Best End-of-Summer Vacation Destinations
The survey also states that 75% of U.S. employees do not use all of their allotted vacation time, while 15% report not using any at all. Two in five employees report taking less than a quarter of their vacation time, while only 25% report using all of their allotted time off.
A 2007 survey by two NASA scientists working for Air New Zealand found that employees experienced an 82% jump in job performance following a vacation, lending credence to the idea that vacation time is beneficial to both employee and employer.
So for the 15.2% of Americans who plan on taking a long vacation this summer, and in turn stand to improve their job performance over the long run, here are the top 10 late summer vacation destinations as compiled from a TripAdvisor online survey of more than 2,500 respondents.
10. Key West, FL
This passenger cruise ship destination in south west Florida is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the country. It is also home to the Dry Tortugas National Park which has attractions ranging from snorkeling to camping, and includes food and drink options.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV