NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mercadolibre
(MELI) shares are up 16.5% to $107.74 on Friday after reporting second quarter EPS of 58 cents per diluted shares, 2 cents better than analysts were expecting.
The Argentine-based e-commerce company reported revenue for the quarter of $131.8 million ahead of analysts expectations of $110.02 million.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates MERCADOLIBRE INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate MERCADOLIBRE INC (MELI) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MELI Ratings Report
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV