For the second quarter Hanger reported earnings of 40 cents a share, missing analysts' estimates of 53 cents a share by 13 cents according to Thomson Reuters. Revenue grew 3% to $275.9 million, missing analysts' estimates of $285.5 million.
For the full year Hanger now expects EPS of $1.60 to $1.70 a share and revenue of between $1.05 billion and $1.08 billion. Analysts expect earnings of $2.03 and revenue of $1.1 billion for the full year.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates HANGER INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate HANGER INC (HGR) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HGR Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV