SAN JOSE, Calif. and RALEIGH, N.C., Aug. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) and SignalShare today announced a strategic relationship with the Jacksonville Jaguars to equip EverBank Field with high density Wi-Fi technology to deliver unparalleled mobile connectivity.
The Jaguars will use Extreme Networks' state-of-the-art wireless solution, IdentiFi® Wireless, along with SignalShare's Live-Fi™ audience engagement platform, to deliver an enhanced user experience for fans at the game. The highly scalable solution also acts as a delivery platform for the Jaguars application, which offers exclusive content and special offers to thousands of fans. SignalShare will handle system integration – constructing and optimizing the wireless network to ensure reliable connectivity for tens-of-thousands of simultaneous users, and the mobile apps they love to use.
- Extreme Networks and SignalShare will install the 802.11ac high-density IdentiFi Wireless solution for outdoor venues to provide Wi-Fi access free of charge to all fans at EverBank Field.
- The Extreme Wi-Fi system is designed to allow fans at EverBank Field, which has a seating capacity of over 67,000, the bandwidth to concurrently access and use multimedia applications without interruption.
- Extreme Networks technology will power a dedicated social hub and moderated social feed that will display relevant content from Instagram and Twitter.
- SignalShare's LiveFi digital network enables the Jaguars to engage and monetize fans by pushing targeted in-browser messaging and advertising to their mobile devices.
- SignalShare is providing the Jaguars consulting and project management for the overall networking deployment, optimization and support.
- Extreme Networks is commitment to enhancing the in-stadium experience for fans and the critical role big data and analytics play in delivering on that goal for today's highly connected fans.
Executive PerspectivesMark Lamping, President, Jacksonville Jaguars "The Wi-Fi solutions from Extreme Networks and SignalShare are truly unmatched. Our goal is to empower fans and ensure there are no limits on what they can do at the game. We believe Extreme Networks' 802.11ac capabilities will provide the best platform for our current and future needs. Providing reliable Wi-Fi connectivity to all of our fans at EverBank Field will dramatically improve the fan experience and allow fans to interact and connect with each other on a level that you just can't get at home. The Jacksonville Jaguars organization is committed to delivering cutting-edge technology and is excited to be working with Extreme Networks and SignalShare to continuously improve the in-stadium experience." Norman Rice, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, Extreme Networks "Today's fans want to share their experiences at games in real-time and they expect unwavering connectivity that affords them the convenience to do so. Extreme Networks is committed to providing a best-in-class user experience with simple, fast and smart technologies that empower organizations to deliver excellence. The Jaguars have the innovative technology in place to offer fans a more connected mobile experience." Joe Costanzo, Founder and CTO, SignalShare "As fans look to use their smartphones and tablets to access stats and scores, stream highlights and post on social media – alongside 70,000 others – a reliable, high-speed network has never been more critical. We are proud to partner with the Jaguars to build and support this type of network, and to help them connect with their fans in ways never before possible." Additional Resources
- Extreme Networks IdentiFi Wireless Solutions
- SignalShare LiveFi Audience Engagement Solutions
- Extreme Networks Sports & Entertainment Webpage
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
- Connect with SignalShare via Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn