NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Nvidia Corp. (NVDA) are up 3.78% to $18.12 in pre-market trade after the graphics chips maker reported revenue for the second quarter of $1.10 billion, up 13% from $977 million a year earlier and in line with the previous quarter.
Revenue for the first half was up 14% to a record $2.21 billion from $1.93 billion a year earlier.
GAAP earnings per diluted share for the quarter were 22 cents, up 38% from 16 cents a year earlier and down 8% from the previous quarter.
Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were 30 cents, up 30% from 23 cents a year earlier, and up 3% from the previous quarter. The second quarter consensus estimate was for 20 cents.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates NVIDIA CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate NVIDIA CORP (NVDA) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NVDA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV