NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The stock market had another ugly down day on Thursday as volume continues to accelerate on the downside. I will continue to reinforce the notion that the stock market is in a "Trend Bearish" condition. Wall Street pundits are still on the side of bullishness.
The DJIA was down another 75 points on Thursday at 16368, although it was off its lows for the day. The S&P 500 was lower by 10.67 at 1909.57. The Nasdaq lost 20.08 points to 4334.97and the Russell 2000 was down 5.79 at 1119.76.
The short hedge funds continue to press the short side of this market. As many of you readers of my column know, this is what it looks like when the market loses a bid underneath. A stock market that is controlled by the hedge funds act in unison. We are now seeing the flip side of the runaway, bubble bull market. Risk starts out slow then all of a sudden happens fast.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV