Leading technology companies CSC (NYSE: CSC) and IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced they are building on their existing alliance with new ways to help global customers accelerate their transition to the cloud.
Enterprise clients increasingly are seeking to use the cloud to enhance workforce performance, advance mobility, improve access to information and gain competitive advantage – without losing their existing infrastructure investment. CSC and IBM together will address these growing needs by developing and offering clients a broad set of secure cloud solutions offered “as-a-service” to increase operational agility, choice, flexibility, and cost-savings. In addition to app development and infrastructure management, new offerings to clients include:
- A CSC Center of Excellence (“CoE”) offering clients a broad range of IBM solutions and platforms, including IBM Cloud’s SoftLayer® infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and BluemixTM, IBM’s open cloud platform for development of web and mobile applications;
- The compatibility of SoftLayer IaaS with CSC’s ServiceMesh Agility Platform™, which will enable customers to simplify and standardize the deployment, integration, and management of solutions built on SoftLayer, an IBM company, Bluemix and other cloud environments;
- The future addition of CSC’s ServiceMesh Agility Platform to the IBM Cloud Marketplace, which allows developers, IT managers and business leaders to learn, try and buy software and services from IBM and its global partner ecosystem;
- A joint marketing, sales and consulting collaboration to create a single, consumable services framework to support client app development and modernization, Big Data and Analytics, cloud and mobility infrastructure capabilities, and security.
The expanded alliance advances CSC’s vision of the "Service-Enabled Enterprise" and IBM’s “as-a-service” strategy, both designed to increase customer choice and innovation in adopting emerging technologies needed to harness the potential around Big Data, cloud and “systems of engagement” – or mobile and social apps. This will accelerate both companies’ speed-to-market capabilities with modernized applications that are informed by analytics, live in any cloud, and securely serve the growing information and accessibility needs of users anytime, anywhere.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV