The St. Joe Company (NYSE: JOE) today announced pretax income of $23.3 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 as compared to pretax income of $2.7 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. Net Income for the second quarter 2014 was $14.6 million, or $0.16 per share, compared with Net Income of $2.7 million, or $0.03 per share for the second quarter of 2013. For the six months ended June 30, 2014, the Company reported Net Income of $417.6 million, or $4.52 per share compared to Net Income of $0.2 million or $0.00 per share for the same period last year.
During the quarter, the Company completed its previously announced sale of the RiverTown community. The Company received (1) $24.0 million in cash, (2) $19.6 million in the form of a purchase money note and (3) the assumption of the Company’s Rivers Edge Community Development District obligations. In addition, the buyer agreed to purchase from the Company certain RiverTown community related impact fee credits over a five-year period as the RiverTown community is developed. The impact fee credits have, an estimated value of $20 to $26 million, most of which is expected to be received at the end of that five-year period.
Second Quarter 2014 update includes:
- Total revenue for the quarter was $68.2 million. Residential real estate revenue increased from $5.5 million in the second quarter of 2013 to $47.8 million for the second quarter of 2014. The RiverTown sale accounted for $43.6 million of the revenue in the second quarter of 2014.
- Resorts, leisure and leasing revenue increased $1.2 million, or 7%, during the three months ended June 30, 2014, as compared to the second quarter in 2013. The increase includes $0.6 million of incremental resorts and leisure revenues primarily due to an increase in room nights rented and $0.6 million of incremental leasing revenue from leases in the Pier Park North joint venture.
- Timber sales decreased to $1.1 million during the second quarter of 2014 as compared to $9.8 million in the second quarter of 2013 due to the AgReserves sale which closed in March 2014. Tons delivered were less than 60,000 during the quarter as compared to 340,000 during the three months ended June 30, 2013.
- As of June 30, 2014, the Company had cash, cash equivalents and investments of $679.4 million, compared to $168.9 million as of December 31, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV