The company, which provides customer call-center technology, reached a net profit of $4.5 million, or 7 cents a share, up from a loss of $1.8 million, or 3 cents a share, in the same period one year earlier. Revenue increased 32% year-over-year to $41.1 million from $31.1 million. Analysts expected a loss of 9 cents a share on revenue of $43 million.
Two analysts also upgraded the company in the wake of the results. Benchmark upgraded the stock to "buy" from "hold" and Oppenheimer upgraded it to "outperform" from "market perform."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was up 18.1% to $9.07 at 3:45 p.m. More than 1.5 million shares had changed hands, compared to the average volume of 211,074. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates INCONTACT INC as a "hold" with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate INCONTACT INC (SAAS) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share." You can view the full analysis from the report here: SAAS Ratings Report SAAS data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV