NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Orbitz Worldwide
(OWW) shares down -1.2% to $8.95 on Thursday after reporting third quarter net income of $6.9 million, or 6 cents per diluted share, 9 cents short of analysts expectations for the quarter.
Despite the disappointing earnings results, the company reported a 5% jump in flight bookings revenue and a 12% rise in vacation packages revenue.
The global online travel company announced fourth quarter revenue guidance between $249 million and $254 million, ahead of analysts expectations of $242.4 billion.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates ORBITZ WORLDWIDE INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate ORBITZ WORLDWIDE INC (OWW) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: OWW Ratings Report
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV