NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Wednesday, Aug. 13:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were looking sunny this morning, building on a rise in the European markets.
European stocks were bouncing back this morning, ignoring the geopolitical gloom and even the troubling economic climate -- for now, anyway. Germany seemed more interested in first-half results from its biggest utility E.ON (EONGY) than in the eurozone’s slowing inflation rate. Some countries, including France and Spain, have even been showing deflationary tendencies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV