For the second quarter Boulder Brands reported earnings of 5 cents a share, in line with the Capital IQ Consensus of 5 cents a share. Revenue grew 18.6% from the year-ago quarter to $131.3 million. Analysts expected revenue of $130.2 million for the quarter.
"The Natural segment, which includes Udi`s, Glutino, and EVOL, represented 61% of our total net sales and reported a strong organic net sales increase of 34.8%," chairman and CEO Stephen Hughes said in a press release. "Our Balance segment organic net sales increased 1.4%, and brand profit and brand profit margin for the Balance segment both increased in the second quarter."
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates BOULDER BRANDS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate BOULDER BRANDS INC (BDBD) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed ? some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BDBD Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV