By James Dennin for Kapitall.
US imports fell off, mostly a result of a decline in energy imports, prompting some to argue the US is moving more quickly than previously thought toward energy independence.
That being said, the surprise drop off makes a spike in imports more likely, particularly given that US consumer and industrial spending is expected to rise over the next several months.That, and a relatively competitive US economic position compared to other advanced nations means that overseas companies with extra US exposure could benefit. With that in mind we screened American Deposit Receipts (ADRs, foreign stocks that trade on US exchanges) that were either in consumer spending or industrial markets. We then found undervalued companies that fill this bill using the levered free cash to enterprise value ratio (LFCF/EV). This suggests that the company has a lot of extra cash relative to other companies its size, after accounting for tax and debt payments. Do you think rising US imports could boost these overseas names? Use the list below to begin your analysis, and let us know what you think in the comments. Click on the interactive chart to view data over time. 1. China XD Plastics Company Ltd. ( CXDC): China XD Plastics Company Limited, through its subsidiary, Harbin Xinda Macromolecule Material Co. Market cap at $261.84M, most recent closing price at $5.38. Levered free cash flow at $29.48M vs. enterprise value at $192.82M (implies a LFCF/EV ratio at 15.29%). 2. Industrias Bachoco S.A.B. de C.V. ( IBA): Operates as a poultry producer in Mexico. Market cap at $2.72B, most recent closing price at $54.21. Levered free cash flow at $249.93M vs. enterprise value at $2.11B (implies a LFCF/EV ratio at 11.85%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV