On CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment, co-host Carl Quintanilla told Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, that Netflix' subscription-only programs were nominated for over 30 Emmy Awards.
It might not make sense to many, Cramer said, but Netflix gets a boost from awards shows because a win gives it another selling point for luring in new subscribers. Cramer thinks international subscriptions should continue to grow and thinks another company should have bought Netflix a long time ago.Read More: Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend Stocks From shows to steel: Cramer said U.S. Steel (X) is taking advantage of lower natural gas prices. Credit Suisse upgraded the stock to buy from sell Monday. Cramer said the U.S. has the second-lowest energy costs in the world behind the unstable Middle East region. Even LyondellBasell Industries (LYB) is expanding its plastics operation in the Gulf of Mexico region, Cramer noted.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV