NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Ann Inc. (ANN) are lower by -5.10% to $36.10 on heavy volume in early afternoon trading on Thursday, after the company lowered its sales guidance for the 2014 second quarter.
The women's clothing and accessories company, which owns the Ann Taylor and LOFT brands, said it is expecting a 2.3% decline in comparable net sales to $648 million versus its previous forecast of $670 million.
"Despite positive performance through mid-June, the remainder of the second quarter proved more challenging, with soft traffic across the industry and a highly promotional environment," said Ann CEO Kay Krill.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
ANN data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV