CST Brands (CST) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
- CST has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.4 million.
- CST has traded 39,111 shares today.
- CST is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CST with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CST NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CST: CST Brands, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an independent retailer of motor fuel and convenience merchandise items in the United States and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. CST has a PE ratio of 19.8. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates CST Brands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for CST Brands has been 542,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. CST has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. Shares are down 9.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CST Brands as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CST BRANDS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- CST, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CST BRANDS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 8.0% in earnings ($1.72 versus $1.87).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 52.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $23.00 million to $11.00 million.
- You can view the full CST Brands Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV