LIMA, Peru, Aug. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that Khipu Corporation has deployed its e-learning platform, Moodle, on SoftLayer's Cloud infrastructure to enable facilitators and teachers to access virtual lessons, download educational material, conduct tests of its training program and focus on high performance teaching.
Khipu Corporation developed Moodle to serve facilitators and teachers and other participants of the Distance Learning Program promoted by the Regional Government of Cusco. The Program was launched in October 2013 to enable educators to improve education and create effective online learning sites for participants by connecting outside the classroom, regardless of location.
As more teachers and facilitators began using the platform, Khipu realized that its infrastructure should take the next step to meet the growing demand. The educational corporation chose SoftLayer, an IBM company, to provide a robust, scalable and cost-effective infrastructure that is not only capable of scaling as the program grows but that can also enable any teacher or student to access its lesson plans from any location that has an internet connection.
SoftLayer is the only infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) provider with a single private network connecting all datacenters and network points of presence (PoP), Further, only SoftLayer offers bare metal servers with on-demand ordering and automated deployment. As the only IaaS provider offering unlimited private network traffic between all of its facilities, SoftLayer is able to significantly reduce Khipu's bandwidth costs as it delivers its lesson plans.Since deploying its application on the SoftLayer's cloud, more than 7,000 users have accessed Khipu's services, and the company expects that number will continue to grow by the end of 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV