SAN MATEO, Calif., Aug. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry's leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced that Magmic ( www.magmic.com), a leading developer of more than 200 games such as Ka-Glom and Texas Hold'em King and mobile apps based on content licensed from The New York Times, Mattel, Disney and Rubik's Cube, has deployed NetSuite's TribeHR human capital management ( HCM) system to streamline its human resources management, complementing NetSuite cloud ERP that replaced Sage and which Magmic has been running since 2012. The NetSuite TribeHR solution has given Magmic new capabilities to substantially improve workforce morale and productivity with such features as social recognition system, skills tracking, goal-setting and employee performance reviews. The Ottawa-based company has also used NetSuite TribeHR to improve time tracking, calendaring and to provide a transparent organizational chart.
Before NetSuite TribeHR, Magmic's HR team struggled with Excel- and paper-based processes and an absence of technology to support structured and systematic HCM. For instance, managers lacked a centralized system to track time off for vacation and personal days, introducing the risk that too many key personnel would be out as an important deadline approached.
Migrating from excel sheets and manual processes to the NetSuite TribeHR solution, which is tightly integrated with NetSuite, brings Magmic the following key functionality and benefits:
- A single, integrated cloud ERP and HCM solution to manage both their business and people processes, clear visibility into business and HR performance, and a single system of record for employee information.
- NetSuite TribeHR capabilities designed to inspire and motivate a modern workforce with social and mobile features, while utilizing a full range of HCM functionality required to recruit, manage and reward employees.
- The NetSuite TribeHR recognition system is part of Magmic's social HR portal and is visible to all employees, encouraging those individuals recognized and motivating others to excel. The employee recognition given through this system blends seamlessly with Magmic's new and proactive periodic employee reviews, whereas a paper note or email for a job well done might be forgotten by review time. The social nature of NetSuite TribeHR's solution aligns with the expectations of collaborative and socially active employees, who at Magmic include full- and part-time personnel, student interns and contractors.
"Time tracking was a nightmare. We also felt that we could do a better job with employee reviews, which is very difficult to do without automation, as well as improve the social and collaborative aspects of HR," said Jillian Mood, Magmic Director of Corporate Culture and Talent Acquisition. "Being in the cloud, NetSuite TribeHR and ERP are great for mobility, while providing a collaborative environment that has improved morale and productivity. It has saved us so much time and many headaches. TribeHR is just a pleasure to work with and overall, we're extremely pleased with the TribeHR solution.""NetSuite has provided the finance team with great tools to do their job better, and the ability to integrate TribeHR with NetSuite is very appealing because we can link employee directory data together," said Magmic Chief Technology Officer Joshua Ostrowalker. "The cloud lets us focus on our core strengths of developing and publishing great entertainment content without worrying about data security or backups." Today, more than 20,000 companies and subsidiaries depend on NetSuite to run complex, mission-critical business processes globally in the cloud. Since its inception in 1998, NetSuite has established itself as the leading provider of enterprise-class cloud financials/ERP suites for divisions of large enterprises and mid-sized organizations seeking to upgrade their antiquated client/server ERP systems. NetSuite excels at streamlining business operations as demonstrated in a recent Gartner study naming NetSuite as the fastest growing financial management software vendor on a global basis. NetSuite continues its success in delivering the best cloud ERP/financials suites to businesses around the world, enabling them to lower IT costs significantly while increasing productivity, as the global adoption of the cloud is accelerating.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts