NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR) are are down -0.33% to $117.75 in pre-market trade after the specialty coffee and coffeemaker reported a fiscal third quarter profit of $155.2 million, or 94 cents per share, compared with a profit of $116.3 million, or 76 cents per share, a year ago.
Revenue increased to $1.02 billion from $967 million. Adjusted profit was 99 cents a share.
Analysts polled by FactSet on average were expecting a profit of 87 cents per share on revenue of $1.05 billion
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. However, for its fourth quarter profit guidance, the company said it expects its EPS to be in the range of 68 cents to 75 cents, lower than analysts' estimates of 86 cents. For full fiscal 2014, the Keurig projects an adjusted EPS of $3.71 to 3.78. The consensus estimate is for $3.78. TheStreet Ratings team rates KEURIG GREEN MOUNTAIN INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate KEURIG GREEN MOUNTAIN INC (GMCR) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GMCR Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV