Google ($574.49) traded as high as $608.91 on July 24, even though on July 17, the company reported quarterly results that were below estimates. Google is below its 50-day SMA at $579.28 and above its 200-day SMA at $560.69.
The weekly chart shifts to negative given a close on Friday below its five-week MMA at $579.81. Annual value levels remain at $522.17 and $489.53 with semiannual and weekly risky levels at $589.86 and $600.78, respectively. This month's risky level at $614.60 is not shown in the second "crunching the numbers" table.
Netflix ($430.30) has been trading sideways to down since setting an all-time intraday high at $475.87 on July 2.
The company reported slightly higher-than-expected earnings on July 21, but the stock opened lower on July 22 and traded as low as $412.51 on Aug. 1. The stock is below its 50-day SMA at $435.36 and above its 200-day SMA at $386.40.The weekly chart shifts to negative given a close on Friday below its five-week MMA at $428.17. Semiannual value levels remain at $359.04 and $341.57 with a monthly pivot at $431.70 and weekly and quarterly risky levels at $445.38 and $472.26, respectively. Note that investors could have booked profits on strength to $472.26 on July 2. Tesla Motors ($248.93) held above its 50-day SMA at $212.86 on July 17, and then gained upward momentum after it reported better-than-expected earnings on July 31. The stock traded as high as $251.42 on Wednesday, which was still shy of its all-time intraday high set at $265 on Feb.26. Note that the low at $177.22 on May 9 held its 200-day SMA which is now up to $192.95. The weekly chart is positive with its five-week MMA at $227.61. Weekly and quarterly value levels are $242.60 and $227.65, respectively, with this month's risky level at $283.76. Three Market Props Are Gone
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV