Trade-Ideas: Gulfport Energy (GPOR) Is Today's Post-Market Laggard Stock
- GPOR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $101.2 million.
- GPOR is down 3.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPOR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPOR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPOR: Gulfport Energy Corporation, an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company, is engaged in the exploration, exploitation, acquisition, and production of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas in the United States. GPOR has a PE ratio of 23.1. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Gulfport Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Gulfport Energy has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gulfport Energy has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.25 and a short float of 9.1% with 2.75 days to cover. Shares are down 15.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gulfport Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GPOR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 114.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for GULFPORT ENERGY CORP is currently very high, coming in at 77.64%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 70.04% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 346.05% to $156.15 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GULFPORT ENERGY CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 18.80%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 85.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $44.56 million to $82.56 million.
- GPOR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.96 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Gulfport Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.