Otelco Inc. (NASDAQ: OTEL), a wireline telecommunications services provider in Alabama, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, Vermont and West Virginia and a provider of cloud hosting and managed services, today announced results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2014. Key highlights for Otelco include:
- Total revenues of $18.5 million for second quarter 2014.
- Operating income of $4.5 million for second quarter 2014.
- Adjusted EBITDA (as defined below) of $7.4 million for second quarter 2014.
“The second quarter of 2014 produced adjusted EBITDA of $7.4 million,” said Mike Weaver, Chief Executive Officer of Otelco. “Access line equivalent losses continued to improve as we experienced a loss of less than 1% for second quarter when compared to the first quarter of 2014. Business access line equivalents, driven by the growth of fiber transport and circuits, grew 0.3% over first quarter 2014 while residential access lines declined by 1.6% over first quarter. During second quarter, we reduced our senior debt by $6.1 million to $117.1 million, and our cash balance at June 30, 2014 was $4.8 million.
“During second quarter, we implemented the network efficiencies in New England that we announced in May,” Weaver continued. “We also reduced our cable programming costs and made additional operational reductions throughout the Company. These actions reduced costs by $0.3 million in this quarter, and we expect to see approximately $1.3 million in savings from these initiatives in 2014.
“Capital investment in our business was $1.5 million for second quarter,” noted Weaver. “These expenditures included enhancements to our New England network and switching facilities in anticipation of growth in Reliable Networks, the cloud hosting and managing services provider we acquired in January. We expect a similar rate of capital expenditures for the balance of the year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV