EVERTEC, Inc. (NYSE:EVTC) (“EVERTEC” or the “Company”) today announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014.
Second-Quarter 2014 Highlights
- Total revenue increased to $91.1 million; Merchant Acquiring and Payment Processing segments revenue each increased 9%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 5% to $45.5 million.
- Adjusted Net Income increased 11% to $32.2 million and Adjusted Net Income per diluted share increased 17% to $0.41.
Peter Harrington, EVERTEC’s President and Chief Executive Officer, commented on the results: “We delivered solid second quarter results highlighted by the combination of 9% growth in our payments businesses, 50% adjusted EBITDA margin, and 17% EPS growth. Looking forward, we will continue to capitalize on the strong secular growth in the Latin American payments markets by executing our strategy and winning market share.”
Second-Quarter 2014 ResultsRevenue. Total revenue for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $91.1 million, an increase of 2% compared with $89.2 million in the prior year. Merchant Acquiring net revenue was $19.8 million, an increase of 9% compared with $18.2 million in the prior year. Revenue growth in the quarter was driven mainly by an increase in transaction volumes. Payment Processing revenue was $26.4 million, an increase of 9% compared with $24.3 million in the prior year. Revenue growth in the quarter was driven mainly by new customer additions and an increase in accounts on file within the card products business, an increase in ATH and POS network and processing transactions, and fees generated from an annual Department of Education program the Company processes in Puerto Rico. Business Solutions revenue was $44.9 million, a decrease of 4% compared with $46.7 million in the prior year. The decrease in revenue was due almost entirely to a $2.9 million year-over-year decline in hardware and software sales in the quarter, partially offset by increased revenue from other products and services including network solutions and IT consulting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV