NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says Walgreen (WAG) is a shocker because of all the companies doing inversions by moving their headquarters overseas, this company actually could have done it.
Cramer thinks Walgreen passed muster because it is buying Alliance Boots, a foreign company. That aside, Cramer says poor guidance is controlling Walgreen. He calls the guidance conservative and believes the drugstore chain is low-balling.
Cramer says he wants to buy Walgreen. He compares this stock to Time Warner (TWX) because it has a lot of bad holders, including some jaded hedge funds. Cramer says they all have to leave and Cramer advises investors not to take them out of their positions. He suggests investors let Walgreen settle down for three days and then buy it.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV