5 Worst U.S. Cities for Car Thefts
Fourth-worst community for car thefts: San Francisco/Oakland/Hayward, Calif.
You can leave your heart in San Francisco, just don't leave your keys in your car there.
That's because the Bay Area saw 29,326 car thefts in 2013, or 649.34 for every 100,000 residents.
Scafidi says that while San Francisco proper has a strong economy that usually translates into lower crime, other parts of the metro area aren't so lucky."You have to remember that the San Francisco metro area isn't just San Francisco, it's also places like Hayward and Oakland," he says. "And Oakland isn't exactly known as a quiet bedroom community." Located across the San Francisco Bay from San Francisco proper, Oakland ranks No. 9 in NeighborhoodScout's list of America's most dangerous cities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV