NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ariad Pharmaceuticals
(ARIA) shares are declining -4.8% to $5.34 on Wednesday after reporting a second quarter net loss of 30 cents per share, 1 cent worse than analysts were expecting, on revenue of $12.1 million that was down 13.6% from the previous year and missed analysts $13.65 million estimates.
The company's chronic myeloid leukemia treatment, Iclusig, was responsible for $11.9 million in net product revenues during the quarter, with U.S. sales reaching $7.9 million and European sales reaching $4 million.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC (ARIA) a SELL. This is driven by several weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ARIA Ratings Report
ARIA data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV