NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Viacom (VIA) are down -1.60% to $80.75 after the entertainment content company's fiscal third quarter earnings fell 5.1% as a revenue decline in the media company's filmed entertainment business hurt the top line, while its cable networks unit logged tepid growth, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For the period ended June 30, Viacom posted earnings of $610 million, or $1.40 a share, compared with $643 million, or $1.33 a share, in the year-ago quarter.
Adjusted earnings from continuing operations rose to $1.42 a share from $1.29 a share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Revenue fell 7.4% to $3.42 billion. Analysts had projected $1.44 a share in earnings and $3.56 billion in revenue, according to Thomson Reuters. VIA data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV