NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. (COKE) are up by 1.23% to 71.50 in late morning trading on Wednesday, following yesterday's earnings release which showed an increase in net income to $13.8 million, or $1.49 per share for the 2014 second quarter, compared to $11.2 million, or $1.21 per share or the same period last year.
The company, which produces, markets, and distributes nonalcoholic beverages for The Coca-Cola Co (KO), said net sales for the most recent quarter grew to $459.5 million, from $429 million for the 2013 second quarter.
Coca-Cola Bottling's comparable earnings also increased to $15.5 million, or $1.67 per share for the 2014 second quarter, versus $12 million, or $1.29 per share for the 2013 second quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates COCA-COLA BTLNG CONS as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate COCA-COLA BTLNG CONS (COKE) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity." COKE data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV