Crown Castle International (CCI) Highlighted As Momo Momentum Stock
- CCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $210.7 million.
- CCI has a PE ratio of 197.5.
- CCI is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- CCI is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- CCI is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- CCI is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- CCI has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 1.5%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CCI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CCI: Crown Castle International Corp., together with its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and leases shared wireless infrastructure in the United States and Australia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. CCI has a PE ratio of 197.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Crown Castle International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Crown Castle International has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Crown Castle International has a market cap of $24.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 0.41 and a short float of 2.2% with 1.79 days to cover. Shares are down 0.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Crown Castle International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $401.39 million or 46.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CROWN CASTLE INTL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -58.18%.
- CROWN CASTLE INTL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CROWN CASTLE INTL CORP reported lower earnings of $0.28 versus $0.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.89 versus $0.28).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 35.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $52.36 million to $34.01 million.
- You can view the full Crown Castle International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.