NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Chesapeake Energy
(CHK) shares are down -0.4% to $25.93 on Wednesday after the company reported mixed second quarter financial results that saw the company's net income fall by 68% during the period.
The natural gas and oil exploration company reported earnings of 36 cents per diluted share, 8 cents less than analysts were expecting, on revenue of $5.15 billion that was ahead of analysts expectations of $4.6 billion.
The company said that low natural gas prices hurt its bottom line during the quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP (CHK) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
CHK data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV