NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nu Skin (NUS) shares are down -23.41% to $44.36 today after the company reported a 73% decline in quarterly profit as costs rose and sales in China, its biggest market, fell 12%, Reuters reports.
The company said it would restate first quarter results to include about $28 million in charges reflecting high inflation rates in Venezuela and a tax rebate for its China headquarters.
The charges hit net income for the first quarter ended March 31 by about $9.4 million.
Net income dropped to $19.5 million, or 32 cents per share, in the second quarter ended June 30 from $74.4 million, or $1.22 per share, a year earlier.Total revenue fell 3% to $650 million. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates NU SKIN ENTERPRISES as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate NU SKIN ENTERPRISES (NUS) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow." STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV