Halcon Resources (HK) Showing Signs Of A Dead Cat Bounce Today
- HK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $49.9 million.
- HK has traded 892,886 shares today.
- HK is up 3.1% today.
- HK was down 6.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HK: Halcon Resources Corporation, an independent energy company, is engaged in the acquisition, production, exploration, and development of onshore oil and natural gas properties in the United States. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Halcon Resources a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Halcon Resources has been 6.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Halcon has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 23.5% with 6.02 days to cover. Shares are up 42.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Halcon Resources as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HK's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 51.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $251.44 million or 44.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 18.80%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.61 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, HK has a quick ratio of 0.66, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, HALCON RESOURCES CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Halcon Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.