Barbarian At The Gate: Clean Harbors (CLH)
- CLH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.2 million.
- CLH has traded 67,670 shares today.
- CLH traded in a range 275.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.46.
- CLH traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 21 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 21 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLH: Clean Harbors, Inc. provides environmental, energy, and industrial services primarily in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. CLH has a PE ratio of 37.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Clean Harbors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Clean Harbors has been 406,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Clean Harbors has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 6.3% with 7.47 days to cover. Shares are down 2.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Clean Harbors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.97, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.46, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- CLEAN HARBORS INC's earnings per share declined by 11.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CLEAN HARBORS INC reported lower earnings of $1.57 versus $2.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.80 versus $1.57).
- CLH, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.9%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, CLH has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Clean Harbors Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV