- Expands footprint of Quickparts on-demand manufacturing services platform to drive accelerated adoption of 3DS' comprehensive design-to-manufacturing solutions
- Provides 3DS with significant advanced manufacturing service bureau capabilities, knowhow and strong regional customer relationships
- Transaction expected to be immediately accretive to cash generation and contribute to non-GAAP earnings per share within the first 12 months
ROCK HILL, S.C., Aug. 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) announced today that it has acquired Laser Reproductions, an expert provider of advanced manufacturing product development and engineering services, further extending its Quickparts operations in the United States. Details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Laser Reproductions brings to 3DS three decades of advanced manufacturing service bureau experience with substantial production capabilities that are rooted in regional infrastructure and supported by long-term, key relationships with regional blue chip companies. The transaction is expected to be immediately accretive to 3DS' cash generation and to contribute to its non-GAAP earnings per share within the first 12 months.
"Laser Reproductions has a wealth of experience and bench strength that is highly complementary to our Quickparts offering," said Ziad Abou, Vice President and General Manager, Quickparts for 3DS. "This acquisition further enhances our on-demand, quick-turn cloud manufacturing services and drives accelerated adoption of our solutions through meaningful new customer relationships. We are delighted to add such powerful regional capabilities to our growing North American footprint.""3D Systems is the recognized leader in advanced manufacturing and has an exceptional track record in providing the highest quality parts services globally," said Paul Bordner, President of Laser Reproductions. "Having relied on 3D Systems' hardware, software and devices for years, we couldn't be more excited to join the 3DS team and be in a position to provide unrivaled parts services to our customers long into the future."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV