SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR), a leader in high performance networking, today announced it has been awarded a Readers' Choice Award by eSchool Media for NetSight®, a management system that provides centralized wired and wireless visibility and control of enterprise network resources. These awards honor the best products and services in educational technology as chosen by eCampus News readers.
"NetSight is so valuable for educators and administrators because of its ability to manage and automate entire networks through a single interface, as well as its ability to scale with the growing networks in higher education institutions," said Jonathan Kidwell, director of education at Extreme Networks. "Receiving an eSchool Media Readers' Choice Award reflects Extreme Networks' commitment to providing schools with the right tools to implement an effective BYOD policy and enabling them to integrate technology with student learning initiatives."
NetSight has allowed school districts, colleges and universities to transform complex data networks into business-centric information, while enabling IT administrators to increase efficiency with the automation of routine tasks and web-based dashboards. NetSight has proven to be exceptionally important in the school and classroom environment by affording users the ability to deliver standards-based control of other vendors' network equipment.
"This year, more than 1,300 educators and administrators from schools across North America nominated their favorite ed-tech products or services," said Dennis Pierce, editorial director at eSchool Media. "This year's winners represent the products and services that have proven to be most valuable and effective in schools across the country. Our aim is to provide readers with a resource to consult as they consider which education technologies they should implement in their own schools."The winners will be recognized in a special feature published in the August 2014 issue of eCampus News, as well as on eSchoolNews.com. To learn more about this year's award winners, visit: http://www.ecampusnews.com/rca/ http://www.eschoolnews.com/rca/. Additional Resources:
- NetSight Product Page
- Education Momentum Press Release
- Troy School District Press Release
- University of Tulsa Press Release
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV