Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT) today announced results for the fourth quarter and the full fiscal year 2014 ended June 28, 2014.
Fiscal 2014 Results
|FISCAL YEARS ENDED|
|June 28, 2014||June 29, 2013||Change|
|$ in millions, except per share data|
|GAAP Operating Income||789.9||626.0||26.2||%|
|Adjusted Operating Income (1)||931.3||807.9||15.3||%|
|GAAP Net Income||545.6||450.1||21.2||%|
|Adjusted Net Income (1)||594.1||507.8||17.0||%|
|GAAP Diluted EPS||$||3.89||$||3.21||21.2||%|
|Adjusted Diluted EPS (1)||$||4.24||$||3.63||16.8||%|
|(1)||A reconciliation of non-GAAP financial measures to GAAP financial measures is presented in the Non-GAAP Financial Information section of this press release.|
- Sales for the fiscal year increased 8.0% from the prior year to $27.5 billion; organic sales (as defined later in the document) were up 5.2% year over year and 4.8% in constant currency
- Adjusted operating income of $931 million and 3.4% of sales, increased 15.3% year over year
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of $4.24 increased 16.8% year over year; GAAP diluted earnings per share of $3.89 was up 21.2% year over year
- Cash flow from operations was $237 million and the Company returned $91 million of cash to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases
Rick Hamada, Chief Executive Officer, commented, “In fiscal 2014, our return to year-over-year growth helped drive meaningful improvements in our financial and operational performance. We added over $2 billion to our top line, expanded margins and returns, and grew adjusted diluted earnings per share at twice the rate of revenue. Led by double digit growth in our Electronics Marketing (EM) businesses in Asia and EMEA, enterprise revenue increased 8% and organic revenue was up 5%. The combination of revenue growth, relatively stable gross profit margin and continued expense discipline resulted in adjusted earnings per share growing 16.8% over fiscal 2013 to $4.24. During the year, we also invested in growth initiatives by strengthening our embedded systems capabilities at EM with the acquisition of MSC Technologies and expanding our datacenter solution capabilities by incorporating new technologies, services and partners to our TS offerings. We also modified our capital allocation priorities to incorporate a more consistent element of return to shareholders with the initiation of a dividend. As we enter fiscal 2015, we are poised to build on this performance and drive further improvements in both margins and returns as we continue to execute on our profitable growth initiatives across our portfolio.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV