Companies in the 100,000 Jobs Mission hired a total of 161,752 U.S. military veterans through the second quarter of 2014. In addition, the coalition has grown from 11 founding members to 165 companies that represent almost every industry in the American economy.
“More companies have recognized the value of our coalition and are stepping up to make a difference in the lives of our nation’s veterans,” said Maureen Casey, Director of Military and Veterans Affairs for JPMorgan Chase.
Helping Servicemembers through their Transition
The 100,000 Jobs Mission is committed to hiring veterans, but also to helping servicemembers through their transition back to civilian life. The recently published, “ Transition Field Guide for Veterans: Education, Employment and Entrepreneurship after Service,” is a resource that helps transitioning military members and veterans develop post-military career plans long before they separate from the service. The Transition Field Guide outlines four main paths toward meaningful employment: immediately entering the job market, pursuing higher education as a path to employment, obtaining helpful certifications or further training to increase competitiveness, and tips on starting a business. Each path offers a recommended timeline prior to transition as well as helpful tips to consider along the way. Visit JobsMission.com to learn more.Maureen Casey adds, “Our aim is to help position veterans for success in their post-military lives through employment resources like the Transition Field Guide.” About the 100,000 Jobs Mission Launched in 2011, the 100,000 Jobs Mission brings together companies committed to hiring U.S. military veterans and military spouses. The 165 companies now involved have pledged to hire 200,000 veterans by 2020. They hired 161,752 veterans through the second quarter of 2014. For more information on the 100,000 Jobs Mission, visit jobsmission.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV