Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:SGYP), today announced its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Gary S. Jacob, will present a corporate update at the Canaccord Genuity Growth Conference on Thursday, August 14, 2014 from 3:00 to 3:25 pm (ET) at the InterContinental Boston Hotel.
A live webcast of Synergy’s presentation will be accessible through the Investors section of the company’s website at www.synergypharma.com. To access the webcast, please log on to the Synergy website approximately 15 minutes prior to the start time to ensure adequate time for any software downloads that may be required. A replay of the webcast will be available on Synergy’s website for 180 days following the conference.
About Synergy Pharmaceuticals
Synergy Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SGYP) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel therapies based on the naturally occurring human hormone, uroguanylin, to treat gastrointestinal diseases and disorders. Uroguanylin is a natural hormone produced by humans in the small intestine and plays a key role in regulating the normal functioning of the digestive tract through its activity on the guanylate cyclase-C (GC-C) receptor. The GC-C receptor is known to be a primary source for stimulating a variety of beneficial physiological responses. Synergy has created two unique analogs of uroguanylin – plecanatide and SP-333 – designed to mimic the natural hormone’s activity on the GC-C receptor and target a variety of gastrointestinal conditions. Plecanatide is currently in two pivotal phase 3 clinical trials for chronic idiopathic constipation and has successfully completed a phase 2b dose-ranging study in patients with irritable bowel syndrome with constipation. SP-333 is currently in phase 2 development for opioid-induced constipation and is also being explored for ulcerative colitis. For more information, please visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV