LINCOLN, Neb., Aug. 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- National Research Corporation (Nasdaq:NRCIA) (Nasdaq:NRCIB) today announced results for the second quarter of 2014.
- Net New Sales $4.1 million
- Total Contract Value $99.5 million
- Revenue up 7% to $24.0 million
- Net Income of $4.1 million, up 18%
Remarking on company performance, Michael D. Hays, Chief Executive Officer of National Research said, "Net new sales are up 25% from last quarter and looking ahead at new sales for the last half of the year, suggests recent changes made appear sustainable."
Revenue for the quarter ended June 30, 2014, was $24.0 million, compared to $22.4 million for the same quarter in 2013. Net income for the quarter ended June 30, 2014, was $4.1 million, compared to $3.4 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. Diluted earnings per share increased to $0.10 for Class A shares and $0.57 for Class B shares for the quarter ended June 30, 2014, from diluted earnings per share of $0.08 for Class A shares and $0.49 for Class B shares for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. Combined diluted earnings per share (a non-GAAP measure) increased to $0.16 for the quarter ended June 30, 2014, from $0.14 for the second quarter of 2013.Regarding second quarter performance, Kevin Karas, Chief Financial Officer of National Research, said, "The positive trend of double-digit revenue growth continued in our Acute Care Experience (17%), Market Insights (13%), and Connect (23%) offerings . From an earnings standpoint, we continue to enjoy leverage on incremental revenue, which resulted in net income growth by 18% for the quarter." A listen-only simulcast of the National Research 2014 second quarter conference call will be available online at http://www.media-server.com/m/p/ui8foa57 on August 6, 2014, beginning at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time. The online replay will follow approximately one hour later and continue for 30 days. For more than 33 years, National Research Corporation has been at the forefront of patient-centered care, helping healthcare providers measure and improve quality and services through analytics that offer a rich understanding of customers' experiences, preferences, risks, and behaviors across the healthcare continuum.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV