NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Take-Two Interactive Software
(TTWO) shares are down -3.7% to $21.15 in after-hours trading on Tuesday following the release of the company's second quarter earnings results.
The 'Grand Theft Auto' and 'NBA 2K' video game producer reported a net loss of 14 cents per diluted share, 40 cents better than the loss it posted last year, and well ahead of analysts 24 cent net loss estimates.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Revenue for the quarter rose 5.1% to $151.6 million, well ahead of analysts $134.8 million guidance.
However, the stock is experiencing a decline in after-hours trading today after the company announced that its highly anticipated game, 'Evolve', will not be released until next year, missing this year's holiday season.
TTWO data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV