- Second quarter 2014 revenues increased 6% to $85.5 million, compared to $80.9 million in the same period of 2013.
- Income from operations before interest income and income taxes in the second quarter of 2014 was $15.8 million, compared to $17.2 million in the same period of 2013.
- Net income for the second quarter of 2014 decreased to $9.8 million, or $0.56 per diluted share, compared to $10.8 million, or $0.61 per diluted share, in the same period of 2013.
- At American Public University System, net course registrations in the second quarter of 2014 decreased approximately 3% year-over-year and net course registrations by new students in the second quarter of 2014 decreased approximately 7% year-over-year.
- As of June 30, 2014, student enrollment at Hondros College of Nursing increased approximately 17% to 1,410 students, compared to 1,210 students as of June 30, 2013.
- Hondros College of Nursing announced plans to begin offering evening and weekend classes at its Columbus and Cleveland campuses for courses starting in October. In addition, the institution completed a move of its Cleveland campus to a larger, more visible and accessible nearby facility.
American Public Education Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.