American Public Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:APEI) – parent company of online learning provider American Public University System (APUS) and campus-based Hondros College of Nursing – announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2014.
- Second quarter 2014 revenues increased 6% to $85.5 million, compared to $80.9 million in the same period of 2013.
- Income from operations before interest income and income taxes in the second quarter of 2014 was $15.8 million, compared to $17.2 million in the same period of 2013.
- Net income for the second quarter of 2014 decreased to $9.8 million, or $0.56 per diluted share, compared to $10.8 million, or $0.61 per diluted share, in the same period of 2013.
- At American Public University System, net course registrations in the second quarter of 2014 decreased approximately 3% year-over-year and net course registrations by new students in the second quarter of 2014 decreased approximately 7% year-over-year.
- As of June 30, 2014, student enrollment at Hondros College of Nursing increased approximately 17% to 1,410 students, compared to 1,210 students as of June 30, 2013.
- Hondros College of Nursing announced plans to begin offering evening and weekend classes at its Columbus and Cleveland campuses for courses starting in October. In addition, the institution completed a move of its Cleveland campus to a larger, more visible and accessible nearby facility.
Total revenues for the second quarter of 2014 increased 6% to $85.5 million, compared to total revenues of $80.9 million in the second quarter of 2013. Income from operations before interest income and income taxes in the second quarter of 2014 was $15.8 million, compared to $17.2 million in the second quarter of 2013. Stock-based compensation expense reduced operating income by approximately $1.3 million in the second quarter of 2014 and $1.0 million in the second quarter of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV