NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Emerson Electric
(EMR) shares are down -1.7% to $62.87 on Tuesday after the company reported second quarter earnings and revenue that came in below analysts' expectations.
Net earnings for the quarter were $1.03 per diluted share, 3 cents worst than analysts expected, on revenue of $6.3 billion, which was also short of analysts' $6.5 billion estimate.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates EMERSON ELECTRIC CO as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate EMERSON ELECTRIC CO (EMR) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself." EMR data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV