NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Louisiana-Pacific
(LPX) shares are down -6.9% to $12.86 on Tuesday after reporting a second quarter income from continued operations of 1 cent per diluted share, far below the 65 cents per diluted share it posted last year.
The building products manufacturer also experienced a 9% decline in sales during the quarter to $519 million, though it beat analysts expectations of $501.8 million.
The company remains optimistic about its full year prospects due to improved job growth and "a tepid housing recovery", but admits that "steps must be taken to foster credit access to the first time home buyer."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate LOUISIANA-PACIFIC CORP (LPX) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins." LPX data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV