NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Monster Worldwide Inc. (MWW) are lower by -11.40% to $5.86 in early afternoon trading on Tuesday, following the company's 2014 second quarter earnings results which showed a decline in GAAP net-income to $7 million or 8 cents per share, compared to $13 million, or 12 cents per share for the year ago period.
Monster Worldwide, the parent company of Monster, an online job search platform, said total revenue fell 3% to $194 million versus $200 million for the 2013 second quarter.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected Monster to report earnings of 9 cents per share on revenue of $198.8 million.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates MONSTER WORLDWIDE INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate MONSTER WORLDWIDE INC (MWW) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins." MWW data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet's Whalen MacHale has more on Monster's Q2 results:
WATCH: More market update videos on TheStreet TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV