NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of TriNet Group
(TNET) are surging 10.01% to $27.19 after the company reported better than expected second quarter earnings results after yesterday's close.
The business solutions company posted adjusted net income of $17.4 million, or 24 cents per diluted share for the quarter, up from $12.1 million, or 18 cents per diluted share, in the same quarter of last year, and beating analysts' estimate of 22 cents per share.
Revenue for the quarter was $124.8 million, up from $94.2 million in the second quarter of 2013, and higher than the consensus estimate of $120.23 million.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Separately, Stifel Financial (SF) reiterated TriNet Group's "buy" rating this morning, and raised its price target to $31 from $28.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV