China's National Energy Administration will reportedly ask local planners to add solar projects in areas where the electricity can be easily distributed to nearby customers according to Bloomberg. The government will reportedly encourage local governments to offer subsidies for distributed solar power projects.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- TSL's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TRINA SOLAR LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, TRINA SOLAR LTD continued to lose money by earning -$1.02 versus -$3.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.10 versus -$1.02).
- The gross profit margin for TRINA SOLAR LTD is rather low; currently it is at 20.57%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TSL's net profit margin of 5.95% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.16 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, TSL has a quick ratio of 0.60, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TSL Ratings Report