MasterCard (NYSE:MA) and SFX Entertainment (NASDAQ:SFXE) today announced a multi-year global partnership that will bring innovative technology solutions to the SFX platform and further strengthen MasterCard’s commitment to being an experiential brand in music and entertainment. Acting as a technology partner, MasterCard will simplify the way hundreds of millions of electronic dance music (EDM) fans worldwide can access SFX events, engage with content and connect with their community. Through its Priceless platform, MasterCard will also create surprise and delight experiences for fans, starting this fall.
TomorrowWorld festival (Photo: Business Wire)
As part of the agreement, SFX will leverage MasterCard’s innovative technologies for its digital and physical platforms including ticketing, retail, live events and social networking, pioneering a new model for enterprise-wide partnerships.
In addition, MasterCard becomes the exclusive financial services sponsor for all of SFX’s platforms.
Reaching hundreds of millions of consumers globally, SFX produced and promoted over 1,600 events in 23 countries in 2013 alone, including Tomorrowland, the world’s largest dance music festival franchise, with events in Belgium and Atlanta ( TomorrowWorld) returning in 2014 and a date set in São Paulo for 2015. Other properties include Mysteryland in the Netherlands, New York, and Chile, the Stereosonic festival in Australia, and the Sensation tour with upcoming stops in Dubai and Toronto. It also operates Beatport, the leading electronic dance music site with 240,000 registered DJs from over 200 countries and approximately 50 million unique visitors in the last 12 months.
- Through a single sign-on solution powered by MasterCard, SFX fans will be able to book and access events, navigate venues, download content, order merchandise, manage their personal loyalty profile and interact with fellow community members – all in a simple and seamless way.
- Starting this September, MasterCard cardholders will be surprised by unique Priceless experiences and can benefit from privileged access around SFX events and content.
- Over the coming months, the two partners will also start rolling out a suite of enhanced user experiences for SFX fans, leveraging MasterPass, MasterCard’s digital payment solution, as well as other innovative technologies.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts